Wow. Starting at a new camp (especially one that isn’t filling beds) can be time-consuming! My first few months have been dedicated to figuring things out and to creating a marketing strategy. It seems to be going pretty well, and I’m pleased!
But what do you do when you don’t know where to start getting campers? Over the last couple months, I’ve watched videos, read books, listened to podcasts, and absorbed anything I can get my hands on to get a better grip on summer camp marketing. To make things easier for everyone else out there, I’ve made a list of some of the awesome marketing resources I’ve found.
- Joanna Warren Smith – Great actionable monthly tips for getting heads in beds
- CampHacker – Not always marketing, but always worth the read!
- Summer Camp Coach – I was so impressed by the last batch of emails that I signed up for the class!
- Go Camp Pro – Again, not always marketing, but always worth the read.
- Moz Top 10 – This one is for people who are really trying to get into SEO and want to understand the latest trends. If that’s you, sign up!
- Video Marketing Your Camp from Camp Hacker
- Quick Tips to Effectively Market Your Camp This Fall from Camp Hacker
- Last Minute Marketing from Camp Hacker
- Marketing to Moms from Camp Hacker
- Seriously, I could list all of the Camp Hacker podcasts. I’ll stop here, but do yourself a favor and check them out!
- Email Marketing Secrets for Summer Camps from Summer Camp Coach
- Duct Tape Marketing
- Word of Mouth from Social Media Examiner
- GoCampPro Membership – They’re not taking new members right now, but when they are, GoCampPro is definitely worth the money. They have a variety of incredible resources, and the marketing ones are great!
- MoreCampers.com – I have a substantial amount of marketing experience, so I was worried that this course wouldn’t be very beneficial for me. However, I decided to make the leap, and, boy, was I wrong! It’s been a great experience so far.
That’s it for a quick roundup! Let me know if you’d like some more resources!